Served as President, Chairperson, and other Executive Leadership Positions for a variety of organizations.
Scroll down or use the navigation menu to learn more.
As a native of Tennessee, the Volunteer State, community service and community involvement have always been important parts of her life.
Her parents were her greatest teachers. They taught her the importance of assisting others and helping to make the world a better place. For this and many more reasons, she considers it an honor to be called a “Volunteer.” Her involvement in Girl Scouting and other community-based organizations and activities began when she was a young girl and today community engagement is among her greatest priorities.
Below are some of the organizations with which she has had the privilege to serve:
Health Care Organizations
- Sparrow Health System, Board Chair
- Physicians Health Plan (PHP), Board Chair, Governance Chair
- Michigan Health and Hospital Association, Board Member and Governance Council Chair
- American Hospital Association AHA, Governance Committee & Education Initiative Chair
- Capital Area United Way, General Campaign Chair
- Capital Region Community Foundation, co-founder
- Girl Scouts USA, National Board Member & Executive Committee Member
- Michigan Campus Compact, co-founder
- Zonta International, Charter Member ZCELA and Board Chair
Leadership in Civic Affairs and Service on Community Boards:
She served as President of the following organizations:
- Capital Region Community Foundation
- Capital Area United Way Board
- Salvation Army Advisory Board
- MSU Faculty Women’s Association
- Zonta Club of East Lansing Area
- Michigan Capital Girl Scout Council
- Alumni Board of the MSU College of Education
Additional Leadership Positions Include:
- She chaired the Steering Committee for Shared Vision, the tri-county planning initiative to envision and create the future for the Capital Area community.
- She was the first woman to serve as General Campaign Chair for the Capital Area United Way (CAUW of Lansing, MI).
- She represented the State of Michigan as its board member on the United Way of America’s, Mid-America Regional Council.