She is President of Leadership Solutions Group which specializes in Governance Strategies for Executives and Boards in Higher Education, Healthcare, and Community Based Organizations.
Major Executive Leadership Roles and Responsibilities at Michigan State University:
- Legislative, Executive and Community Relations
- Chief of Staff in the President’s Office
- Executive Liaison and Officer of the MSU Board of Trustees
Administrative Positions at Michigan State University:
- Executive Assistant to the President
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees
- Associate Vice President for Public Service and Community Affairs
- Associate Vice President for Governmental Affairs
- Assistant Vice President for Administration and Public Affairs
- Assistant Executive Vice President
- Special Assistant to the Executive Vice President
Dr. Davis served as Senior Advisor/Consultant to the Dean of the MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, a position which allowed her to combine her hospital/healthcare experiences with her leadership experiences in higher education…a role that has been invigorating and tremendously rewarding.
Board-Related Professional Experiences:
- President of the National Association of Women in Chambers of Commerce
- Member of the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Member of the Chamber Business Women’s Council
- Founding member of the Chamber Business-Education Alliance
- Charter member of the ATHENA Foundation Board of Directors
- Charter Marketing Chair for the ATHENA Foundation
- Served on the Physicians Health Plan Board of Directors as Chairperson Emerita
- Chairperson Emeritus for the Sparrow Hospital and Health System board after having been Chair for eleven years
Served on the Corporate Board for the Michigan Health and Hospital Association and was the Chair of the Michigan Hospital Association Governance Council
American Hospital Association
- Served on The American Hospital Association (AHA) Governance Committee and was selected as the first Chair of its Education Initiative.
- Elected as the alternate Trustee Delegate to the AHA Regional Policy Board for Region Five and three years later elected and served a three year term as a delegate to the AHA Regional Policy Board.
Governmental Public Service Appointments:
- Gubernatorial Appointment to the Michigan Higher Education Facilities Commission [Governor John Engler, R]
- Gubernatorial Appointment to the Michigan Hospital Finance Authority [Governor Jennifer Granholm, D]
- Reappointed to the Michigan Hospital Finance Authority and elected as the Authority Vice Chair [Governor Granholm, D]
- Gubernatorial Appointment to the consolidated/newly established Michigan Finance Authority in 2010 to serve until March of 2013 [Governor Granholm, D]
- Gubernatorial re-appointment to the Michigan Finance Authority to serve from 2013-2017 [Gov. Rick Snyder, R]
Girls Scouts of the United States of America
Having served as a member of the National Board of Girl Scouts of the USA from 1988-1996, Dr. Davis was elected to its Executive Committee in 1991 and served as Chair of the National Program Committee where her major areas of emphasis were youth-at-risk and leadership development. She also served as the Vice Chair of the National Girl Scouts of the USA Councils Committee.
MSU Executive Officers Retreat